Senior Fitness – 5 CEUS
Learn the latest theoretical information and applied exercise tools and techniques whether you are embarking on, or already working in, the wonderful rewarding field of senior fitness.
What Is It?
This one-day onsite workshop covers the essentials of designing and teaching fitness programs for seniors, whether for group fitness or one-on-one training. Upon completion, you will have a basic understanding of the aging process and the special considerations that are necessary in developing safe and effective exercise programs for the older adult population–from the healthy active to the sedentary individual. Topics include:
- A global look at the aging population,
- Barriers and motivators to physical activity,
- Brief review of physiological changes with age,
- Case scenarios,
- Staying competitive in today’s market,
- Latest exercise tools and techniques and more!
Who is it for?
This workshop is for fitness professionals and health educators who are interested in, or presently working with, older adults.
What does it cost?
The Workshop Fee is $129 (less a 10% discount for current AFAA members. Corporate affiliate discounts may not be combined. 25% discount for Zin/Military members
This fee includes:
- Workshop Outline that includes AFAA’s Standard and Guidelines for Senior Fitness for both the healthy sedentary and frail elderly, pre-exercise assessment tools, professional resources, class handouts and more!
- 5 CEUs for AFAA certified professionals
- One year membership ($68 value) or membership extension to current members and a print or digital subscription to American Fitness magazine (does not include postage to addresses outside of the U.S.)